How to setup a Samsung SCX-4500W for Printing and Scanning on a wireless network with OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7
How to setup a Samsung SCX-4500W on a wireless network with OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7:
- First go to this page:
- install 3x MAC OS Drivers
- Printer Driver for Mac OS X
- Scan Driver for Mac OS X
- Smart Panel Application for Mac OS X
- The Printer Driver download also contains the SetIP application that you may need to find your printer
- Connect w/ an ethernet cable from the printer to a router
- Run the SetIP application which should find your printer.
- Connect to the printer with your browser.
- Set the password: go to Maintenance >> Security & set an admin name & password for the printer
- Set to use wreless network; go to Network Settings >> Wireless >> Wireless Settings >> Wizard
- Set it to use your local WPA or WEP SSID & pass (sadly does not seem to allow does for hidden SSID)
- Now disconnect the Ethernet cable and reconnect to the printer in your Browser and verify your changes.
How to print to the Samsung SCX-4500W from OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 on a local wireless network:
- Go to the print dialogue
- Add new printer
- Select the Samsung SCX-4500W
How to scan with the Samsung SCX-4500W from OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 on a local wireless network:
- After installing the above setup Adobe Photoshop CS was able to scan directly via the Menu: File >> Import >> Samsung SCX-4500W series...
- Use Applications >> Image Capture
- open Image Capture
- Select Devices >> Browse Devices...
- Select the Button "Use Twain Devices" next to the Samsung SCX-4500W listing